Holding A Glock - If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "I can't stack a slide." It’s too hard,” I’d probably have an apartment in the Keys. To be honest, when I first started shooting, I thought I couldn't use all semi-automatic weapons. Trust me ladies; I understand your bullying in the slide. But fear not! Regardless of what you think, it's not your strength or lack of strength that makes you skate well, it's learning proper technique. The slide allows the pistol to "pull" the first round from the magazine and load it into the chamber. I love semi-auto pistols and hate to see a woman give them up just because she thinks she can't fire them. So how do you attach a slide, you ask? Follow these six steps and with a little practice you'll be gliding all day!

Step 1: Place the gun in your dominant hand (the one with the trigger finger) good and firm. If you need help with your grip, read Handgun Basics 101: Get a Good Grip.

Holding A Glock

Holding A Glock

Step 2: Bring the weapon closer to the body. I prefer to hold my gun against my chest rather than my stomach or midsection. I find that I gain more weight this way. Remember to always point the muzzle in a safe direction. Don't sweep people in the shooting range near you with your cannon.

Hand Pointing A Gun

Step 3: Take your non-dominant hand and place the fleshy part of your palm on the upper left side of the slide. Lefties will place your palm on the right side. Always keep your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.

Step 4: Wrap all four fingers around the top of the gun, avoiding the ejection port. With your fingertips, grip the teeth of the slider from the first joint to the tips of your fingers. You may find that you get a firmer grip with your fingertips by using your index finger as leverage and pressing down on the gun with your thumb. However, with this method, longer claws may interfere with a firm grip on the weapon.

Step 5: Using as much force as you can, push the gun forward with your dominant hand while keeping a firm grip on the top of the slide. You want this movement to be as smooth as possible.

Step 6: When the slide reaches the end, release completely with your non-dominant hand, allowing the slide to move forward.

Man Holding Gun Hand, Image & Photo (free Trial)

Another scary thing about semi-automatic pistols is the felt recoil. Have you tried changing your position? Now that you've perfected your slide rack, perfect your stance. Read "Managing Recoil with Correct Positioning" to learn how to do this.

Ladies, have you mastered the sliding racks on the semi? If so, share your tips and tricks with us in the comments section.

Glock in a box, cleaning a glock 26, whats a glock, what is a glock, cleaning a glock, a holding, how a glock works, glock a, cleaning a glock 17, hunting with a glock, what's a glock, customize a glock